Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gamers Solve Scientific Problems 9/27/11

How did gamers use the computer game Foldit to solve the protein folding mystery?
Mostly they untangled the structure of protein that can be used to eliminate the AIDS virus in humans because of their structure of models they created.


Who can participate in this problem solving and be a player in Foldit?
Technically this project is for anyone, the person could be with no background of solving puzzles or even know about the science that scientist use these days.


What can critical thinking do for science?
Well in depends, what kind of critical thinking you are trying to reach.For example University of Washington solution has to be with people with a lot of critical thinking to make the project right.In my opinion it can also cure a virus or even create a new species with critical thinking anything is possible


If you could solve a mystery through gaming for any kind of disease or illness in the world, what would it be?
I would definitely cure any type of cancer, that is my goal. Cancer as effected a lot of families and in some point it came to my family and thank fully it was just beginning so we got to cure it in time.It is my goal to find a better way to cure cancer and even prevent it but it a ll starts with one which is me and I will keep moving forward slowly but shurly will achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment